- How personal perspectives and biases can put us at risk and what we can do about it
- The Personal Safety Template: A framework for understanding safety
- Environmental awareness and paying attention to surroundings
- Effective communication
- Responses to confrontation
- Recognizing the early warning signs of challenging behavior
- Verbal deescalation strategies
- Dealing with unwanted touch
- Development of problem solving skills in personal safety
- Culture and diversity in safety
- Deescalation and confrontation practice
Items not covered in this training which are included in the 12-hour Safety Awareness & Self Protection:
This 6 hour training covers many of the areas of the 12 hour training, but less hands on. Very interactive with less real time practice.
This training includes:
Personal Safety for Professionals - This training can be delivered virtually or in person.