Congruent communication is straight and direct interaction at both verbal and nonverbal levels. Messages are sent and received in an honest and clear way. Non-congruent communication is distorted and ambiguous. It involves assumptions or mixed messages. Congruent communication is clear, direct and specific which leads to greater understanding and better outcomes.
This training can be from 1.5 to 3 hours long. Areas covered include:
- Why Communication Fails Us: Breaking bad habits we came by honesly
- First Things First: The Four Survival Stances
- Congruence: Being honest with ourselves and others
- The Thing is Not the Thing: Or, The Problem is Not the Problem
- Ingredients of an Interaction: Yeah, it’s kinda like a recipe
- Putting It into Practice: Application in professional or personal life